Thursday, May 29, 2014

Little crawler...


This week, Leiden decided that he was going to crawl and stand up all on his own-- in one week! Which is so crazy because this little dude has been in no rush. He has been body crawling, worming, and scooting everywhere for quite some time now and then he just picked himself up and crawled over to me like it was something he had been secretly practicing on his own time!!!  I was so completely proud of him I thought that my heart would burst! It's so funny how it's these small things that are so exciting and precious to me now. Yesterday he was just born, and today he is a little toddler... Anthony and I could not be more amazed at how the time has really passed. We still remember when we brought him home and how his little yawns were the sweetest thing ever. I know I must gush so much over this little dude, but every day I feel so incredibly blessed that he was given to me. He was a surprise baby so him being all mine boggles my mind! It amazes me the things we receive that we do not always deserve... This kid is by far my better and he is such a joy to watch! Anyway, here are some pictures of this crazy crawler, climber, explorer, the last few days and how a small thing like crawling has changed our lives forever... 
Hey mom!
Watch out...
What did ya find there?
Oh boy. Nap time, which was once a peaceful sleepy time has now transformed into a bit of jungle gym... I caught this picture on our baby monitor to show Anthony because, it is hilarious and also I was afraid he would not believe my rather usually dramatic self... But this is how I find him just moving around the crib...chewing on the edges, yanking on his mobile, playing with his monitor -you name it! I am learning that we need a good almost half hour to settle in before he decides he is tired enough to sleep -ah! 
Just standing outside by himself and oh-so proud. 


I do love a good routine, but one other thing this baby has taught me is that once I feel like I have got a handle on things-  it will all change! That and baby proof everything because this kid will find it! Thanks for listening to me gush about this sweet babe... If anyone has nap time tips, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment